Friday, April 27, 2012

Pictures, Pictures and more Pictures

Changed My Mind:
You know what?  Only one week of trying to be on a schedule and I'm already not liking it.  I rather like being spontaneous on my blog.  When something comes up I want to share, I don't like being on a schedule as to when I can post it...or what I can post on what day.  So I think I'll go back to doing what I was enjoying...just blogging what's on my mind...when it's on my mind.  That said....

Here's...My Babies:
My dog has a nemesis.  His name is Mr. Bunny and he just sits in the yard, not intimidated by Maggie at all.  They stare at each other until Maggie's had enough and comes back in the house.  She was off her chain one day, charged Mr. Bunny, and he ran for cover.  But since then, he's decided she's no threat to him so he stands his ground.  Well, that brings her up short.  So now they just stare at each other, on chain or off.  I think they've just decided to give each other their respectful space. 

This past week, my granddaughters came to spend the night.  I put out the sleeping bags on the floor before they
got here and Sweet Pea decided to play hide-and-seek in the sheets.  And since the sleeping bags were out, Maggie knew right away that they were coming so she took up vigil at the door. 


I can't say Sweet Pea and Maggie are best friends.  But they do tolerate each other.  When Maggie wants to play, Sweet Pea  just smacks her in the face a few times till Mag gets the idea that the cat's just not into playing.  S.P. will lay with Mag or lick her fur, but its on her terms and in her own time.




I bought Maggie a nice, soft, big dog bed, thinking I could keep her off the couch.  Right!  Look who's decided she wants the bed
 ...and look who's still on the couch.






And you may find this strange...but I've already made arrangements for them if anything should happen to me.  Don't laugh...I was concerned about where they'd end up.  So I called my son and asked if he'd be willing to take Maggie, and he said "Is there something you're not telling 

Steve's dog, Sedona
 me?"  I assured him I was in fine health, this was just-in-case.  He said of course he'd take her.  He has a dog who gets along well with mine so that's a good fit.
Lisa's cats

And Lisa will take Sweet Pea.  My oldest daughter loves cats, has two in the house and more in the neighborhood that seem to like her yard.  When I was little (back in the 50's) my grandmother's back yard butted up against a railroad track.  The bums (or tramps that rode the rails) marked her house so that other tramps coming along on future trains would know that this was a house where they could get fed.  I think the neighborhood cats have "marked" my daughter's house.

Animals bring you such joy, I can't figure out why more people aren't pet owners. But then more people have a busier life than I do and lots of kids at home. But being alone now, they fill the gap that my kids left behind. I talk to them, snuggle with them, walk with Maggie (so much more fun than walking alone) and just don't know what I'd do without them in my life.

Private Games by James Patterson and Mark Sullivan
I will read anything by James Patterson (okay, maybe not the books he writes for kids) and I can't say enough about his novels.  This newest is from his new series "Private" which is a renowned investigation firm that's been commissioned to provide security for the 2012 Olympic Games in London.  Investigator, Peter Knight, not only has to care for his twin toddlers, he also has to find out who's killing so many people connected to the Games.  The suspense is in every chapter and the graphics described so well its like watching a movie in your head.  Known for his short chapters, each one delivers so much, you can't wait to read the next.  This is a most certainly a book you will hate to see end. Highly recommended.

Quotes of the Day:
A dog is the only thing on earth that loves you more than he loves himself. ~ Billings

Dogs have owners, cats have staff. ~ Anonymous

An animal's eyes have the power to speak a great language. ~ Martin Buber


No comments: