Sunday, May 13, 2012

Mother's Day!!!

HAPPY MOTHERS DAY!!
To all the mothers out there that celebrate Mother's Day today, I wish you a wonderful, relaxing day with your children.  To my children, I love you dearly and am so proud I am your mother.  To my daughters and daughter-in-law, I love that you are all wonderful mothers of your own.  And to my own mother...I love you and miss you so much.
Mom, at my son's wedding in 2007


Because of my mother (and my dad...he helped...smiling) there are 3 families growing and thriving and reproducing into future generations...well, maybe reproducing sounds a little weird...but you get the picture.  With grandkids and great grandkids and great-greats, there are over 30 of us now living our lives and trying our best to be the best we can be because of my mom (and dad :).  

I know I learned much from my mother.  I've tried to pass on what she did so well, and have learned from what she struggled with.  I can only hope that I'm passing on the good things to my children and grandchildren and maybe they're learning from what I struggle with. 

Mothers' aren't perfect and since there's no guide for us to follow, we just have to hope we are doing it right.  And if we make a mistake, we just try to correct it the next time.  Maybe we don't get it right all the time, but we sure don't lack in trying.

And just because the kids move out, get married and have families of their own, you never stop being a mother.  My kids still come to me for advice or an ear to listen or even a shoulder to cry on.  They still want to share their accomplishments with me and, I think, still look for my approval...which they have 100% of.

So for today, cherish your mothers, or the memory of your mothers as I'm doing, and strive to be the best mother you can be to your own children.  And again, HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY!


Catch Me by Lisa Gardner - I really, really enjoyed this story.   A young woman believes she will be killed on January 21st at 8pm and she wants Detective D. D. Warren to be the investigating officer.  One of her best friends was killed 2 years ago on this date and her other best friend was killed last year on this date.  Now it's her turn.  The twists and turns in this novel are more than enough to keep the pages turning.  And a very satisfying and unexpected climax made me sorry it was almost over.  I like the way Gardner writes and have read a number of her books...and this one is right up there at the top. 

Quotes of the Day:
A mother is a person who seeing there are only four pieces of pie for five people, promptly announces she never did care for pie. ~ Tenneva Jordan

Sweater, n.: garment worn by child when its mother is feeling chilly. ~ Ambrose Bierce

Mothers hold their children's hands for a short while, but their hearts forever. ~ Unknown

No comments: